Early Career Awards
• Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) 2017
• Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award, 2017
• Office of Naval Research Director of Research Early Career Award, 2016
• National Science Foundation CAREER Award 2015.
Best Paper Awards
• *H.Truong, S. Zhang, U. Muncuk, P. Nguyen, N. Bui, A. Nguyen, Q. Lv, K. R. Chowdhury, T. Dinh, and T. Vu, "CapBand: Battery-free Successive Capacitance Sensing Wristband for Hand Gesture Recognition," ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSyS), China. * Runners-up award
• S. Mohanti, E. Bozkaya, M. Y. Naderi, B. Canberk and K. R. Chowdhury, "WiFED: WiFi Friendly Energy Delivery with Distributed Beamforming,'' IEEE INFOCOM 2018, Hawaii, USA, Apr. 2018.
• G. Secinti, M. E. Ozcevik, K. R. Chowdhury, B. Canberk, "Dynamic Power Adjustment and Resource Allocation Framework for LTE Networks," in IEEE International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (IEEE CAMAD), Toronto-CANADA, October 2016.
• L. Chen, S. Cool, H. Ba, W. Heinzelman, I. Demirkol, U. Muncuk, K. R. Chowdhury, and S. Basagni, Range Extension of Passive Wake-up Radio Systems through Energy Harvesting, in IEEE ICC, Budapest, Hungary, June 2013.
• A. H. Coarasa, P. Nintanavongsa, S. Sanyal, and K. R. Chowdhury, "Impact of Mobile Transmitter Sources on Radio Frequency Wireless Energy Harvesting," in IEEE Intl. Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), San Diego, California, January 2013.
• R. Doost-Mohammady and K. R. Chowdhury, "Enhancing Wireless Medical Telemetry through Dynamic Spectrum Access," in IEEE ICC, Ottawa, Canada, June 2012.
• K. R. Chowdhury and I. F. Akyildiz, "Interferer Classification, Channel Selection and Transmission Adaptation for Wireless Sensor Networks,'' IEEE International Conf. on Comm. (ICC), Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
• College of Engineering Team Excellence Award 2017.
• College of Engineering Faculty Fellow 2016.
• BWN Lab Researcher of the Year award, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007.
• Outstanding Master’s Thesis award by the ECE & CS departments, University of Cincinnati, 2006.
• University Grant Scholarship from the University of Cincinnati for the academic years 2003 – 2005.